get a lifetime of experience this summer
Working with children and peers at camp can change your resume! Develop and strengthen vital 21st-century skills like:
- Communications & Listening
- Empathy & Support
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Flexibility & Resilience
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
Note for returning staff members: Please sign in with your CampInTouch login email from your previous summer working with us even if you are no longer using that email address. You can always change this email after you apply.
What skills and experiences are employers looking for in college graduates? While most young adults will graduate from college with a long resume of coursework and computer software competencies, life skills are what we really need to be successful. Regardless of your college major, working at camp means you’ll cultivate and develop skills that will enhance your job marketability and help you smash that future job interview (all while having fun, making friends, and growing as a person). Take a look at 10 Reasons Why Businesses Should Hire Former Camp Counselors. What made the list? Former camp counselors are great communicators, life-long and curious learners, leaders, team players, and creative thinkers that can problem-solve and think on their feet in a blink of an eye, just to name a few.
Working at camp means you’ll work hard to make camp special for campers. But camp is not only for the camper—it is special for everyone in our community, including staff like you! We know that staff who are given the opportunity to grow, personally and professionally, make great camp leaders (which results in happy campers) and build a lasting connection to the Jewish community. We want our adult staff to end the summer knowing they made a difference in the world, and the skills to make a difference in the future!
Ready to work hard, make a difference, build your resume, get paid, and have the best summer of your life? Have skills and passions that line up with any of our Available Positions? Apply to work with us this summer!
We offer the following:
- On-the-job training and supervision to help you achieve your potential
- Professional mentorship from camping, education, and STEM professionals
- The chance to inspire (and be inspired by) some of the most unique, quirky, and amazing campers there is
- A close-knit community of new friends, along with staff social activities and programs throughout the summer
- A summer of memories that will last a lifetime
And look for the following qualities in our staff:
- Positive attitude
Staff must meet these basic requirements:
- Experience working with children
- Graduated from high school and at least 18 years old as of opening day
- Educational background in technology, sciences, or related field (for specialist and instructor positions)
- Available for the entire summer, including staff orientation training
- Be able to provide three references. Please also note that the state of Massachusetts requires new references for any employee that has been away from an organization for one year or more. For this reason, all returning staff must submit three references for Summer 2021 as part of their application.
To apply to work at camp, please fill out our online application. Once we review your application, and if your background and experience match the camp’s needs, we will schedule an in-person or video-chat interview, which typically lasts about an hour.
Machon is our Counselor-in-Training Program for entering 12th Graders