Food service is provided by the professional year-round dining services department at California Lutheran University. Menus are nutritious, age-appropriate, and delicious! All meals are served buffet-style, with various stations and choices. Counselors eat at tables with campers to help them make healthy eating decisions. Friday night dinner is served family-style with a traditional Shabbat menu of soup, chicken, challah, etc.
- We encourage our campers to make the same kashrut choices they would make at home. The variety of choices offered at camp in a given meal will likely include both meat and milk options as well as vegetarian options. This is an educational opportunity for our community who will be making thoughtful choices everytime we eat.
- We do not serve pork products
For campers that only eat kosher meat, a vegetarian alternative is available at all meals.
- Vegetarian and vegan diet
- Gluten/wheat intolerance/allergy
- Lactose intolerance
- Peanut/tree nut allergy
- Fish allergy
We are able to accommodate most dietary needs – if your camper’s allergy is not on the list, please do not hesitate to inquire.
- Snacks being used as a meal substitute, resulting in a lack of nutrition needed for a busy, active day at camp.
- Food and crumbs in dorm and common areas leading to problems with cleanliness, bugs and insects.
- Sugary snacks and caffeinated beverages affecting camper sleep schedules.
In addition to the three daily meals, campers are also given an afternoon snack. Please know that we take your camper’s health very seriously and will actively work to ensure that they well fed! If your camper requires special food or eating schedules, please contact us so we can try to accommodate you.