Our community and professional staff work hard to ensure that every camper who wants to find their summer home at Sci-Tech West can afford to. If you have questions about making camp affordable for your family, please don't hesitate to contact us.
First-time campers may be eligible to receive up to $1000 off tuition from the One Happy Camper program!
Campers who have never attended a Jewish summer camp before may be eligible to receive up to $1000 off the cost of tuition from the Foundation for Jewish Camp’s One Happy Camper program. Campers attending for 12 days may be eligible for the $700 grant while campers attending for more than 2 weeks may be eligible for the $1000 grant. To be eligible, campers must:
- Be registered for our camp and attend at least one full session
- Have never attended a non-profit Jewish overnight camp for 12 or more consecutive nights
- Not currently attend a Jewish day school
For more information, please visit the One Happy Camper website and apply for the program to determine eligibility.
Pioneer Family Early Bird Pricing: Returning pioneer campers receive $400 off of each session until November 2nd! After this, the discount will shrink so be sure to register early.
Early Bird Discounts for New Families, Pi Day Discounts, and all additional time-sensitive discounts will be announced in the coming weeks - be sure to check back here often for the most up to date pricing
Sibling Discount: If you have 2 children from the same household attending Sci Tech, you are eligible for $100 off the 2nd child’s balance.
This discount also applies to families with siblings at any combination of our three 6 Points specialty camps: if the children in your household are attending Sci Tech, Sports, and Creative Arts, you are eligible for a Sibling Discount on the balance of the 2nd child to enroll in camp.
Refer a Friend: When a friend enrolls in camp and names you as the referee on their application, you will earn a $100 credit towards tuition.
Multi-Session Discount: Enroll in two sessions and we will waive your $250 inter-session fee.
Synagogue & Clergy Grants: Sci-Tech West will match all aid that you receive from your synagogue or clergy member with a cap of $250 (for a total of $500 in aid).
Community Based Jewish Organizations (Local Jewish Federations): Inquire and apply directly to granting agency, then let us know!
- The application will be available in the Fall of 2018 and will be available online for families who are already registered via their CampInTouch account. In order to be considered for financial aid, families must be registered for camp.
- We expect families to approach any and all funding sources available before applying to the camp. Many synagogues and local Jewish Federations have programs specifically to assist families send children to camp. This helps us reserve our limited funds for families that do not have these options at their disposal and for families that are most in need.
- The sooner you begin looking for financial assistance, the better your chances of finding it. By the spring, most scholarship funds have been used up for the year. If you are looking for scholarship after the final round April 22nd application due date, we will still accept scholarship applications after this date and our scholarship committee will consider applications on a rolling basis through the start of camp. However, after the initial scholarship due date and allocations, funds are allocated based on funds available.
- Funds are limited, and we unfortunately cannot guarantee that applicants will receive aid.
To apply for financial aid, please follow these steps:
- Determine what you are able to pay. All families are expected to contribute to the cost of camp.
- Apply for the One Happy Camper incentive grant if your child is a first-time camper.
- Apply to local sources for funding, such as synagogues, federations, and Jewish family services.
- Ask family and friends. Grandparents are an especially great resource, and understand the importance of Jewish camp! Transformative camp experiences benefit the entire family.
- Complete our financial aid application. Your application must be complete with the most recent tax returns available in order to be reviewed by our committee.
Our financial aid committee meets to review financial aid applications in 3 rounds. After the third round, applications are reviewing on a rolling basis.
|Application Due Date||Aid Notification Date|
|Round 1||January 21||January 28|
|Round 2||March 11||March 18|
|Round 3||April 22||April 29|
If you have questions about financial aid, please contact Jordanna Flores, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 424.387.3764.
- For girls entering grades 3-10 in Fall 2019.
- For first-time campers at 6 Points Sci-Tech.
- Must be registered for this summer at 6 Points Sci-Tech.
- Priority is given to families who are members of a URJ Congregation.
- Recipients must agree to being a part of WRJ and 6 Points Sci-Tech photos, interviews or other URJ marketing opportunities.
If a family is applying for financial aid, the WRJ scholarship will be considered as part of the entire financial aid package. Awards will be considered on a first-come first-served basis, with all gifts considered following April 1st.
Please note that a limited number of scholarships are available.