Explore Israel as a living laboratory where science and technology meet the Jewish past, present, and future. Together with friends from across North America, you will engage in an interactive learning environment that seamlessly incorporates Jewish values and history, while exploring Israel’s role as a global innovator in science and technology. Gain an understanding of the history of how our people came to Israel as merchants, craftspeople and traders, and became entrepreneurs, researchers, and inventors.
Sci-Tech Israel offers the best of two worlds: visiting iconic sites like Masada, the Kotel and Independence Hall while also meeting with global experts in fields such as renewable energy and computer tech. Struggle with real world problems and, in teams, find possible solutions based on what you are learning. Problems include: Israel’s water crisis and journey to solve it, using renewable energy in an oil poor nation, farming in arid climates, making computer technology a primary resource and much more. You will visit sites that demonstrate these real world examples and develop an understanding of the deep connection that we have to our land and how one small country with limited resources turned science and technology into its biggest success story.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
On this Israel adventure, teens will learn from and work alongside experts and innovators throughout Israel:
- Arava Institute, leading environmental institution in the Middle East, working on cross-border environmental cooperation.
- Tikkun Olam Makers, creating solutions for everyday challenges of people with disabilities.
- Weizmann Institute of Science, one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary basic research institutions in the natural sciences.
- Technion, a science and technology research university dedication to the creation of knowledge and development of leaders for the advancement of the State of Israel and all humanity.
- Space IL, an Israeli nonprofit dedicated to landing the first Israeli spacecraft on the Moon.
- CyberSpark, a joint venture of leading cyber companies and the Israeli government to collaborate on new ideas and opportunities in cyber security.
- And many more
You will have the opportunity to visit iconic Israeli sites and, with support from professionals, to experience them through a lens of science and technology:
- Historic ruins in the Old City of Jerusalem, Western Wall, and City of David
- Masada, Dead Sea, and Bedouin experience in the Negev Desert
- Beaches in Tel Aviv and Independence Hall
- Bahai Gardens in Haifa
- Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial, Har Herzl, and Machane Yehuda Market in Jerusalem
- The mystical city of Tzfat, beautiful landscape of the Golan Heights, and Sea of Galilee in the north
- And many more
Generously funded by: