We are sure that by now your social media feed is full of Solar Eclipse 2017 news! Let’s get in on the action together with Sci-Tech and share photos of the Eclipse from across the country.
When you head outside during the eclipse, snap a photo of yourself in your cool solar glasses. Put on your camp shirt and snap away at those selfies. Take a photo of the eclipse (don’t point your camera directly at it without the solar filter aka solar glasses), post your photo on our page or yours, and tag @urjscitech6 and #urjscitech on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We can’t wait to see your photos!
Here are five useful resources for before, during, or after the eclipse:
1. What makes the 2017 Solar Eclipse Jewish? Rachel Landman, Assistant Director, explains it all.
2. Sing “Why Does the Sun Shine?” Our favorite camp song.
3. If you didn’t have time to get glasses to watch, make a pinhole camera and view the eclipse through it.
4. Take it from NASA: Tips for taking a good eclipse photo.
5. Cloudy where you are? Can’t step outside? Don’t miss the eclipse and watch it online.
Be sure to follow safety precautions when viewing the solar eclipse. We can’t wait to see your photos!
HAVE FUN EVERYONE! We are over the moon excited about this!