The Athletics Specialist & Counselor will:
- Develop athletic and sports-based chuggim (electives) where campers will engage in meaningful physical activity through their time at camp
- Organize, design, and lead sports options during free time each day for campers, which will include both game play as well as skill building – from traditional sports to frisbee and dance
- Teach electives related to the science behind sports and athletics
- Create an environment where campers and staff value the necessity of a healthy lifestyle
- Create a calendar for athletics periods allowing for different sport options throughout each session, ensuring each is appropriately staffed.
As a counselor, this person will:
- Create, assist, and enthusiastically participate in other camp programming, including hall activities, Shabbat programming, and other bonding activities
- Be a positive Jewish role model who enjoy being with, and providing guidance to, children
- Partnering with other counselors to ensure full camper supervision during all scheduled activity blocks, meals, free time, rest hour, shower-time, night-time activities and after lights-out
- Have a well-developed sense of responsibility with good judgment and common sense because they have a significant impact on each camper’s summer experience
- Be directly responsible for all campers living in the dorms and have day-to-day involvement with each camper as an individual and with the entire group
- Ensuring that all campers exercise good hygiene and health practices including but not limited to daily showers, healthy eating habits and hydration, visits to nurse for daily medication (when necessary) and wearing and using proper attire for prolonged, outdoor activities
- See that every individual camper makes friends, becomes acclimated to life at camp, helps campers develop their passion for science and technology, and allows them to integrate into the total camp community
- Live in the dorms on camper floors and supervise children at all hours of the day including regular nighttime on duty hours.